Parents can sign up for a face to face course which takes place in a group setting.
5 week core skills course
Dates – Term One 2018
- Monday evenings 7:30pm-9:45pm – March 5,12,19, 26 and April 9
- Wednesday mornings 10am-12:30pm March 7, 14, 21, 28 and April 11
Dates – Term Two 2018
- Wednesday mornings 10am-12:30pm May 30, June 13,20 and 27, July 4
10 week course
Dates – Term Two/Three 2018
- Monday evenings 7:30pm-9:45pm – June 11,18,25 and July 2, August 6,13,20,27 and September 3,10
- 10 week (core skills and applied skills) $650 per person.
- 5 weeks (core skills) $400 per person.
- A course can be tailored to suit your time frame and budget.
All courses teach how to motivate children effectively with descriptive praise and how to be an emotion coach. You will learn how to set things up to go well with setting up for success and how to establishing rules and routines in your home. Week 5 is about positive discipline – how to get our children to learn from their mistakes and keep their dignity.
The 10 week course includes all of this as well as an entire session dedicated to sibling issues – a common hot spot in families. The final 2 sessions are about the holy grail of parenting – how to remain calm so that we can actually access these skills. We focus on understanding what it is that pushes our buttons and ways to defuse these reactions. These classes will teach you how to access the other skills already learned in situations when they are most needed.
*Taster policy* Parents may sign up for a free taster session on a course that is already running.